This event, on Sunday October 16 at 7:30 pm, will be its second annual occurrence. This unique event will take place at Theater on the Square, 627 Massachusetts Ave., downtown Indianapolis. I will be showing my Katrina Trilogy and telling the story of Katrina from my perspective as a native New Orleanian and a clinical social worker living and working with chronically mentally ill adults at the time of Hurricane Katrina, August 29, 2005. I will talk about how the tragedy still affected me 10 years later, and led to the first step in my career as a professional artist.
Here is the program:
Performances- no particular order
- Mary Armstrong- Smith- Hope story or Bigot story
- Christy Warren- Song /story- Cut
- Matt Fogleman- Story, theme undecided
- Pamela O’Brien- visual art and story about Hurricane Katrina
- Katie Duffy Sim- Story about Vacation with husband
- Zach Ramsey- Song/Story- Proud of your boy
- Roger Roe- Oboe/Story
- Ivory Fleurtini- Portrait
- Minnie Ryder- Mommy burlesque
- Sara Jones-Dockery- Visual- Dick pics/ Censorship
If you are in Indianapolis and looking for something unique to do on a Sunday evening, please come by. It’s $10 at the door, 18 and over.