Gallery 924 is a local art gallery here in Indianapolis. They are looking for submissions for their 5th annual TINY exhibition. These are three of the four pieces I’m working on for submission. They will be for sale after the exhibit, assuming that the gallery accepts them. These pieces are 5″ x 5″ each, and would make nice Christmas gifts. They are very easy to ship, unlike large canvases. The fourth one is a little more complicated and I hope to finish it this evening if I have time. Mondays are simply horrific at my full-time job, especially when we only have four people working.
This event, on Sunday October 16 at 7:30 pm, will be its second annual occurrence. This unique event will take place at Theater on the Square, 627 Massachusetts Ave., downtown Indianapolis. I will be showing my Katrina Trilogy and telling the story of Katrina from my perspective as a native New Orleanian and a clinical social worker living and working with chronically mentally ill adults at the time of Hurricane Katrina, August 29, 2005. I will talk about how the tragedy still affected me 10 years later, and led to the first step in my career as a professional artist.
Here is the program:
Performances- no particular order
- Mary Armstrong- Smith- Hope story or Bigot story
- Christy Warren- Song /story- Cut
- Matt Fogleman- Story, theme undecided
- Pamela O’Brien- visual art and story about Hurricane Katrina
- Katie Duffy Sim- Story about Vacation with husband
- Zach Ramsey- Song/Story- Proud of your boy
- Roger Roe- Oboe/Story
- Ivory Fleurtini- Portrait
- Minnie Ryder- Mommy burlesque
- Sara Jones-Dockery- Visual- Dick pics/ Censorship
If you are in Indianapolis and looking for something unique to do on a Sunday evening, please come by. It’s $10 at the door, 18 and over.